RE: [Exim] Mail from:<>

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Tony Finch
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: RE: [Exim] Mail from:<>
On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 12:02 +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Dickenson, Steven wrote:
> > We only allow it for messages with a single recipient.
>
> A bounce can legitimately have more than one recipient if the original
> message was sent with an alias in the return path that expands to more
> than one recipient (an admittedly rare case).

interesting case, but if you do the check in the ACL on inbound only,
the expansion you do won't affect the test. if the bounce is addressed
to a mailing list (foo-owner), it will be suppressed and handled by the
mailing list software, or passed on with its envelope sender changed to
foo-owner.

there may be an issue with traditional aliases based mailing lists run
on a remote system[1], but where two or more of the list owners are on
your system, but this is so uncommon I think most systems can disregard
it.

(that's my reasoning anyway, I welcome corrections :-)

[1] this includes local workstations running Sendmail with a
custom /etc/aliases, so take care.
--
Kjetil T.