Re: [Exim] Message: "result of an earlier callout reused"

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Message: "result of an earlier callout reused"
On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Bill Moseley wrote:

> > > I.e. I'm not seeing the original SMTP logging of the callout failure
> >
> > I could believe that.
>
> Ok, so see the next comment...
>
> > > even though Exim is reporting "result of an earlier callout reused".
> >
> > But this leaves the question, where did it get the earlier result
> > from, if not from the callout cache database?
>
> So it sounds like we both suspect Exim is reporting a failure based
> from an earlier callout that doesn't exist.

Sorry for the misunderstanding! What I was trying to suggest at that
point was that I could believe (although I don't know for sure) that
certain kinds of error during a callout could result in an entry in
the callout cache without logging the cause into the logs.

I'm suggesting that there could have been a relevant entry in your
cache at the time of the incident, which was no longer there by the
time that you looked. But that the absence of a corresponding entry
in the log was not in itself significant.

On the other hand, I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility of a
bug!

Sorry; I don't have any specific suggestions on where to go next.

good luck