Re: [Exim] Re: Unrouteable address

Autor: russ powers
A: Peter Bowyer, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: Unrouteable address
--- Peter Bowyer <peter@???> wrote:
> russ powers <rpowersau@???> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think I found the answer.
> >
> > I'd been searching the net for the error message in
> > /var/log/exim4/mainlog with no luck. Then I happened to see the error
> > message yahoo was getting wasn't unrouteable address but unknown
> > user. When I searched for that error I found it in the exim FAQ.
> >
> > I removed "verify = recipient" from the chck_rcpt acl and it works
> > again.
>
> That's a little like fixing a blown fuse with a nine-inch nail - I'd be
> wanting to know why it broke... what caused your system to be unable to
> verify local users?

I have no idea. I don't even know how the system verifies users. I'd have to
figure that out before I try to figure out why it doesn't work. :)

I take comfort in the fact that it IS the solution recommended in the exim FAQ.
And considering it's after 1:30 am here, it's something I might just have to
leave until tomorrow. ;)

Thanks.