RE: [Exim] Viruses, and HELOs without dots

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Alan J. Flavell
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim users list
Aihe: RE: [Exim] Viruses, and HELOs without dots
On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Hochstrasser Benedikt wrote:

> What I like even more is MAIL FROM == RCPT TO...

I'm sorry if I seem overly argumentative today, but we've just had
four of those, which - as far as the user was concerned - were bona
fide mails, whatever we admins might have thought.

She visited a real-estate web site, liked the look of four of the
properties, and asked it to email the details to her. Which it duly
did, in four successive emails: putting her own address as envelope
sender, as well as recipient.

Now, you may say they're very stupid to have their web site do that,
but nevertheless, the user would not be amused if we had rejected the
mails on sight.

cheers