Re: [Exim] Discarding messages based on IPs from Received:

Author: James P Roberts
To: Andrey Tverdokhleb, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Discarding messages based on IPs from Received:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrey Tverdokhleb" <hardloaf@???>
To: <exim-users@???>
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2004 1:05 PM

> The idea is pretty obvious - extract IPs from all Received: headers,
> run all of them through check on some dnslist and/or own list and
> discard message if any of those IPs giving positive reaction. This is
> actually even more advanced method than classical check for incoming
> IP on dnslists because it works for relays too. Did anybody played
> with such setup?
>
> Actually I've just created one on my system and so far it works well.
> I'm using this check in acl_smtp_data ACL as addition to receiver
> verification, i.e. it's running only if address is valid. The check
> itself is made as a perl function (I've compiled exim with perl
> support). I'd prefer to use exim's internal dnslists support, but it
> looks like there is no way to do this.
>
> Will appreciate any comments.
>
> Andrey

Yes, this has been done. Search the archives. It has been some months
since I posted a recipe for something similar, which you could easily adapt,
I am sure. Sorry I can't be more specific. STM (Short Term Memory) is shot
to heck these days. And I haven't got energy to track it all down again.

Regards,
Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.