[Exim] Re: Throttling Spam

Autor: Stig Brautaset
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: Throttling Spam
Jose de Paula Eufrásio Junior <jjunior@???> wrote:
> I'm using exim 4.30 and I'm searching for means to do a "Throttling" in
> users trying to send email from blacklisted servers or with too much errors.

The English term in "tarpit".

I tarpit one particular host which has been spamming me for some time.
I've been rejecting it at RCPT time for weeks, but it just keeps on
trying. The funny thing is that this is a very patient spammer and will
happily wait a long time for the reject. I've been giving it a 720 min
delay before rejecting at RCPT time which it has been waiting patiently
for. I'm now trying to see if it will wait 1440 min (24 hours). I think
it will ;)

I'm wondering if I should start rejecting this host at connect/helo time
though, since it doesn't try to resend failed messages. It just tries to
send to a new randomly generated (non-existing) local part at my domain
every time.

Stig