Re: [Exim] Conditions in ACL's

Author: Christian Hertel
To: Kirill Miazine
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Conditions in ACL's
--
Hello Kirill,

> > deny condition = ${if !eq {$sender_host_address}{} {yes}{no} }
>
> The below will deny when the message is submitted by SMTP and when the
> SMTP client is not 127.0.0.0/8:
>
>     deny !hosts = : 127.0.0.0/8

Ok, that looks much easier to do :)

> Wrong! The Exim documentation says following:
>
>     $sender_host_address: When a message is received from a remote host,
>     this variable contains that host's IP address. For locally submitted
>     messages, it is empty.

Hm, I thought "locally submitted" will include "submitted by localhost".

> For checking whether the sender address is routable, you can use "verify =
> sender". Are you sure you do not want to accept messages from sender who
> do not have an MX record for their mail domain set up, but only A record?

Yes, why not? This will give a higher chance that bounces could be
delivered and it might keep some spam away from us.

The only exception I'd like to allow were locally submitted mails e. g.
by cron, because the hostname might not always be set correctly.

--
Christian Hertel
Technik

infoServe GmbH