Re: [Exim] Sending SMTP from remote computers

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Sending SMTP from remote computers
Lionel Morrison said:
> Does anyone know the solution to being able to send SMTP email via a
> remote machine. Currently I am able to send email to any domain if i'm
> logged into the localhost and I'm able to send email to virtual domains
> that exist in Exim from remote hosts but not to the outside world (eg.
> blablabla@??? or blablabla@???)
>
> I'm using a default ACL that comes with Exim 4 and all my users, domains
> and alias are stored in a MySql DB
>
> The error message that I'm receiving is 550.
>
> If possible I want to restrict the sending of email to uses listed in the
> Database. But for now I will go with having it wide open.

You really need to be reading the documentation. There are several ways to
selectively enable relaying - all are described in the docs or in the
default config file.

Here are 2 things to start with:

1. Put the IP address or range you want to enable for relay in the
relay_from_hosts hostlist - that's the IPs of the sending hosts (easy)

or

2. Enable SMTP authentication for the group of users you want to be able
to relay (more difficult, especially if you don't understand the concepts)

Peter