Re: [Exim] Re: What is better OS for Exim

Autor: Alan J. Flavell
A: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: What is better OS for Exim
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, John Hall wrote:

> There doesn't seem to be any drooling linux advocacy.

I was puzzled at the suggestion to use Fedora Core, though. That's
more or less a testbed - participation in which will commit you to
regular OS upgrades, since old versions don't get supported.

See http://fedora.redhat.com/about/faq/ under "What is the errata
policy for The Fedora Project?"

If the box is meant to be a production MTA, it really doesn't want to
be having complete OS upgrades every half year or so. I can think of
several choices of linux that would be better. To name only two - for
conservative hardware, Debian; for new hardware, RedHat Enterprise.