RE: [Exim] Re: What is better OS for Exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
A: Chris Russell
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Re: What is better OS for Exim
On tor, 2004-07-29 at 12:47 +0100, Chris Russell wrote:
> > If you know solaris and like a serial console that works, use a sun,
>
> Hm, all my linux boxes run on serial consoles, they work too.

yes, but there are big differences in quality of implementation here.
Dell's serial console on the PE 2650 is fine for simple things like
adjusting BIOS settings or sending Alt SysRQ-B when the kernel is truly
wedged, but if GRUB is hosed, you need to get on-site to fix it. on Sun
I'd just type "boot net" if the boot disk fails. IBM has a very nice
virtual floppy, so you can actually upload a floppy image to the LOM (I
don't remember what IBM calls it), and boot off that.

--
Kjetil T.