[Exim] Re: Debian "Sarge" question

Autor: Patrick Beard
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: Debian "Sarge" question
> I am trying to configure exim4 so that when I do a netstat -a
> i see   * : smtp
> right now all i see is    localhost:smtp    and i can not email outside
> of the box.

> Where is this setting kept and what is it called?

You should be able to set this during dpkg configuration.

from the command prompt type dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config

One of the questions it asks is about the local interfaces put the correct
ip in there.

I've not tried but if you cd to /etc/exim4 and then in you editor edit the
file update-exim4.conf.conf (not a typo)
In that file look for the option dc_local_interfaces= again you could put
it in there and then restart exim.
The above file is on my system. I'm using the multiple config files and not
the monolithic single file, but I think this file is specific to dpkg and so
will probably be there regardless.

Hope this helps.

Patrick