Re: [Exim] Spamd and exim using all the cpu

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Tim Jackson
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Spamd and exim using all the cpu
Hi Sujit, on Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:30:45 +0100 you wrote:

> I am running exim which calls spamd from within exiscan. The spamd
> configuration is as follows: spamd -a -d -x -m 10. It is setup to scan
> only external mail. Yet at times the machine comes to a stand still,
> with load average about 30.

Is it actually spamd chomping your CPU? What does "top" say? Is there
anything in the logs?

(I'm just wondering whether you are actually receiving enough mail on a
continuous basis that it's swamping your machine, or whether - as it
sounds like - something's choking).

If it is spamd chomping CPU, you could try using strace ("strace -p
<pid>") to see what it's actually doing. It may or may not help, but at
least you might get a better picture of what's going on.

Tim