Re: [Exim] AUTH against Outlook, again

Autor: Torsten Luettgert
A: Leonardo Boselli
CC: Exim Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] AUTH against Outlook, again
> Well: if i use CRAM5 (with pmail) or PLAIN (with mozilla) it works fine,
> but if i try with outlook i have no success.

Outlook expects certain prompts. A working (as in "working with
Outlook") authenticator would look like this:

login:
   driver           = plaintext
   public_name      = LOGIN
   server_prompts   = "Username:: : Password::"
   server_condition = ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/some/file}{${if
eq{$2}{$value}{yes}{no}}}{no}}
   server_set_id    = $1
   server_advertise_condition = 1

I vaguely remember I also had to rip out my PLAIN authenticator
to make it work. If it doesn't work with then prompts like above, you
might try that, too.

- Torsten

P.S.: your fixed_plain authenticator is potentially unsafe. If there is
no password associated with a login (if a user has an empty .ASMTPsecret
or mistyped his name in it in your setup), your lookup will return an
empty string, so an empty password would match.
You should always use the form

${lookup{$1}lsearch{filename}{${if eq{$2}{$value}{yes}{no}}}{no}}

which can only ever return yes if the lookup succeeds in the first
place.