Re: [Exim] Request Tracket and Exim-4.34

Author: Kirill Miazine
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Request Tracket and Exim-4.34
Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
> The error I am getting doesn't seem to be related to my aliases, but
> perhaps my main configuration of Exim. So far I have spent a good 4
> hours trying figure this out..

4 hours wasted. From the debug run it seems like your Exim configuration
is quite healthy. :)

> Here is the error I am getting when I run a test:

[...]
> --------> |/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue NN --action correspond
> --url http://rt.wananchi.com/ <-------- locking
> /var/spool/exim/db/retry.lockfile
> home=NULL current=/
> address_pipe transport returned DEFER for |/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate
> --queue NN --action correspond --url http://rt.wananchi.com/
> post-process |/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue NN --action correspond
> --url http://rt.wananchi.com/ (1) LOG: MAIN
> <|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue NN --action correspond --url
> http://rt.wananchi.com/>: address_pipe transport output: An Error

                                                             ^^^^^^^^

> Occurred

    ^^^^^^^^
What kind of error? Check your logs (this time the logs for
Apache/whatever, not Exim).

> LOG: MAIN
> == |/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue NN --action correspond --url
> http://rt.wananchi.com/ <NN@???> R=system_aliases
> T=address_pipe defer (0): Child process of address_pipe transport
> returned 75 (could mean temporary error) from command:
> /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate

rt-mailgate exited with 75 because of "An Error" that "Occured" (see
above).

Run the command manually, provide it a message on stdin, see what it
outputs and what do webserver's logs say.

G'luck,
Kirill
^^^^^^ <- very happy not to have an RT instance to support anymore :)