Re: [Exim] Meaning of quota_warn_threshold?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Michael Haardt
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Meaning of quota_warn_threshold?
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Michael Haardt wrote:

> My question is still open: Is the special_action flag SPECIAL_WARN
> saved? Would it be possible to process it when the retry time ends and
> the message leaves the queue?

SPECIAL_WARN, if I recall correctly, is a flag that is used only during
one delivery. Without reading the code (for which I have no time now) I
can't say more.

> Another option would be a new flag that prohibits warnings, which
> would be set for the original message, if it is deferred due to
> quota, and for the warning itself, when it is generated.

The warning itself is "just another message" from Exim's point of view.

I think my current overall view is that the warning stuff isn't really
good enough for what people actually want. Probably an external daemon
or cron job that watches the size of an inbox could do a better job; for
a start, it would not require the arrival of a message to trigger it.