Re: [Exim] string overflowed buffer in pipe command

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marilyn Davis
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] string overflowed buffer in pipe command
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Marilyn Davis wrote:

> Hello Exim Experts,
>
> I'm running a pipe transport and getting "**** string overflowed buffer ****". I've played with my command arguments for a few hours and haven't fixed anything yet.

I fixed some things in the program that command calls and now it all
works.

However, I still get the **** string overflowed buffer **** in the debug
output.

So I guess it was a red hering.

Something else I notice below (in case it helps anyone):

> Can anyone give me a hint about what buffer I'm overflowing?
>
> The transport is:
>
> doorman_transport:
> driver = pipe
> command = DOORMAN_HOME/scripts/doorman.py "TYPE" $reply_address "NAME" $h_subject: RECIPIENT_ID
> current_directory = DOORMAN_HOME
> home_directory = DOORMAN_HOME
> user = DOORMAN_UID
> group = DOORMAN_GID
>

> The debug output around there looks like:
>
> direct command after expansion:
> argv[0] = /b/local/doorman/scripts/doorman.py
> argv[1] = INSIDE-LIST
> argv[2] = send2md@???
> argv[3] = final@???

That argv[3] was the result of a fancy lookup. If I simply put the
final@??? in the argument list instead of the lookup, the
**** string buffer overflowed **** goes away.

That's not practical, of course, but maybe interesting to someone.

Marilyn Davis