Re: [Exim] Compilation problem on Solaris

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nathan Ollerenshaw
A: Graham Butler
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Compilation problem on Solaris
Graham Butler wrote:

>I am trying to compile Exim 4.34 on a Sun box (Solaris 8) and I am
>getting an 'ld' error. I have installed the libiconv-1.9.1 and added
>HAVE_ICONV=yes to the Local/Makefile, but I still get the same problem.
>Can any body point me in the right direction? I am using gcc version
>3.3.1.
>
>Undefined                       first referenced
> symbol                             in file
>libiconv                            rfc2047.o
>libiconv_open                       rfc2047.o
>libiconv_close                      rfc2047.o
>ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to exim
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>*** Error code 1

Personally, I make it a rule not to use Solaris anymore, but I've been
down the same road as you at some point. I had to play with the
following to make it work:

# If you are not using one of those systems, but have installed iconv(), you
# need to uncomment that line above. In some cases, you may find that
iconv()
# and its header file are not in the default places. You might need to use
# something like this:
#
# HAVE_ICONV=yes
# CFLAGS=-O -I/usr/local/include
# EXTRALIBS_EXIM=-L/usr/local/lib -liconv

So, looks like you need to point -L to where libiconv is installed.

Of course you chould just get a nice intel based box and run Fedora Core
2 on it and not have to worry about compiling anything ;)

But thats just me. Wasted too much of my life that I'll never get back
ever again, trying to get Solaris to compile stuff.

Nathan.