Re: [Exim] Multiple recipients and whitelist checks

Autor: Alan J. Flavell
A: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Multiple recipients and whitelist checks
On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, David Woodhouse wrote:

> I've been toying with this kind of idea too. But why split the message
> unless the data payload actually causes a different _result_ for
> different recipients?

Because at the time you're accepting the individual recipients, you
haven't seen the payload; and by the time you're seeing the payload,
your only options are to accept, deny, or defer for *all* the RCPT
which you had accepted. Then you need to be able to recognise the
same mail when it comes around again later.

> So in the common case, you accept messages with multiple deliveries just
> as you did before. It's only when the SA score of the offered mail
> _actually_ makes it ambiguous that you defer it and make the sender
> submit for each recipient individually.

Can you spell out how you would aim to implement that?