[Exim] Re: [exiscanusers] exiscan-acl-4.40-23

Author: Andreas Metzler
Subject: [Exim] Re: [exiscanusers] exiscan-acl-4.40-23
On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 01:43:01PM +0200, Tom Kistner wrote:
[new exiscan]

Thanks for the update.

> 23  - Added patch to support SRS in the redirect router, done
>       by Miles Wilton. Please check http://srs.mirtol.com/
>       for more information.

>     - Fixed the negation operator for SPF support. Thanks
>       to Michael Haardt for sending a patch.

[...]

BTW a documentation update is called for. libspf_alt is no more,
http://www.midwestcs.com/spf/libspf-alt/ automatically redirects to
http://libspf2.org/.

libsrs_alt OTOH is different, libsrs_alt and libsrs2 seem to be
independent implementations. (The latter is licensed more liberally.)
Additionally both come with patches for exim. These are similar but
different enough to be incompatible, i.e. a configuration for
srs2-exim will make srs_alt-exim panic. Ouch.

http://www.libsrs2.org/docs/mta-users.html

I wonder whether it would not be better to beat the patch autors
repeatedly on the head to force them to unify their interface before
giving one of them semi-official status by including it in exiscan.

               cu andreas
(I do not like the fact that libsrs_alt requires OpenSSL to compile)