Re: [Exim] Multiple recipients and whitelist checks

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users, ISP List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Multiple recipients and whitelist checks
ISP List <isp-list@???> wrote:
> We use MailScanner (http://www.mailscanner.info) to scan our inbound
> mail for spam. exim 4.x is used as the MTA. In order to effectively
> use white/blacklists, I need a way for exim to break up a message
> sent to multiple recipients (e.g. in the To, CC, or BCC line) into
> multiple messages (one recipient per message). Otherwise, if one
> person on the recipient list is blacklisted, the rest of the
> recipients will not get the message. How can this be accomplished
> with exim?

The obvious way is by using RCPT acls to defer second and subsequent
recipients. This slows down delivery times for multi-recipient messages and
messes a bit with the queues of the hosts who are sending to you, and could
scale really badly if you regularly get messages with hundreds of
recipients - but it's good for smaller operations where the majority of
messages are for a single recipient anyway.

Tom has a recipe for this in his Exiscan docs -
http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan-acl/exiscan-acl-examples.txt, see section 6,
example a.

Peter