Re: [Exim] Re: Authentication problem 2 with exim.conf

Autor: Fred Viles
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: Authentication problem 2 with exim.conf
On 15 Jul 2004 at 17:14, Kostadin Kostadinov wrote about
    "[Exim] Re: Authentication problem 2":

| Could you tell me what is wrong with my conf
| in order every IP to be asked to athenticate(get challange).

SMTP does not include the concept of *asking* a client to
authenticate - there is no challenge except in response to certain
types of AUTH command. The server advertises support for
authentication, and the client decides whether to use it or not.

You need to use a deny statement in an ACL (probably acl_check_rcpt)
to refuse messages from hosts that choose not to authenticate, for
example:

  deny    message = Authentication requried to send mail
    !authenticated = *

This would make sense in an outbound-only server, of course.

- Fred