Re: [Exim] Final Peer Review Sought: "Spam Filtering for MXs…

Author: Tor Slettnes
To: mark moseley
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Final Peer Review Sought: "Spam Filtering for MXs" HOWTO
On Jul 15, 2004, at 09:31, mark moseley wrote:
> Then mail from our users to comcast started bouncing.
> I guess they're (like Sam mentioned below) doing
> sender verification but only after they've accepted
> the message. They'd accept mail from us, and then do
> callouts which were getting blocked by our RBL
> blacklist, so they'd then bounce it. To add to the
> confusion, the error messages in the bounces they were
> sending were truncated, so it was pretty impossible to
> tell what the problem was.

Very strange.

I just tried sending myself an e-mail from a machine _outside_ Comcast
to my @comcast.net address. On the sending machine, I was running
"exim4 -bd -v" to detect any incoming callout attempts.

So far, nothing (after about 10 minutes).

> The hosts in question looked like:
>
> rwcrm*.comcast.net
> sccrm*.comcast.net

A RE I use to match these hosts:
^[rs][cw]crm[hx]c..\.comcast\.net

> Anyone from comcast here to verify this? Though the
> error messages in their bounces had that qmail-style
> This_is_an_error_message_etc so they might not be on
> exim mailing list ;)

Sad, but probably true.

-tor