RE: [Exim] log_selector

Author: Eli
To: 'Tony Finch'
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] log_selector
Tony Finch wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Eli wrote:
>>
>> I'll second this idea - I prefer to keep all the exim stuff in one
>> log file, as you get a much better feel (visually when viewing log
>> files w/out the aid of another program) as to what happened exactly
>> in what sequence.
>
> I want the good email transactions and rcpt rejections in the
> mainlog, and the ratware junk in the rejectlog.

Well, either way - having separate log selector settings would be nice :)

>> My issue is that yes, there is some stuff I get logged as reject
>> info that I'd like to not log (esp the ip/host resolving errors that
>> I get for helo checks), however the main dislike I have for the
>> reject log is the fact that it will also log ALL headers from a
>> message should a message be rejected once Exim gets headers for it
>> (ie, during the DATA acl).
>
> You should read the documentation: -host_lookup_failed
> -rejected_header

Well aren't I the fool. I'd been pouring over the documentation for
practically the entire day yesterday pulling my hair out messing with syslog
levels, trying out using multiple files, logwrite, log_message, etc...! You
sir, get a cookie from me :D Thanks!