RE: [Exim] acl_smtp_predata

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jan-Peter Koopmann
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] acl_smtp_predata
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Jan-Peter Koopmann wrote:

> > Existing Wish List item 248.
>
> Forgive me asking this please: Is the list being worked on item by item?
> Is there any sort of ETA on item 248 besides "this century"? :-)

Like the Exim "queue", the "list" is not processed in any particular
order. It's all on my whim at present. Had I had just a bit more time, I
might have done it for 4.40, but I wanted to get that release out a week
before I go away (again).

Also, the Wish List is just that: a list of people's wishes. There's no
guarantee that I think they are good ideas or that I will ever implement
any of them.

People might like to know how I choose what to work on next. It's very
ad hoc. Items asked for by my colleagues get some priority; items asked
for by people I know well and those that have supported Exim also get a
bit of priority; I try to process patches that people send in fairly
quickly (even if I reject them). Then I pick off the small items that
are easy to do. Every now and again, I feel moved to tackle one of the
larger Wish List items that has been hanging around for a while. The
current one of those that is on my radar is the whole area of header
line adding/removing/rewriting, which needs a complete re-think. But I
have no idea when I'll have time to do it - helping to get the new
exim.org site organized is more important, though others are doing the
bulk of that work (which is, of course, the idea!)