Re: [Exim] Auto bounce under some conditions

Author: Tor Slettnes
To: rtm
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Auto bounce under some conditions
On Jul 14, 2004, at 21:13, rtm wrote:
> The problem is when "deny", how to auto-bounce a message to tell the
> sender that the attachment type is forbided and tell the receiver that
> some user has ever sent an message with an forbied attachment type?

Others already straightened you up re: replying to the "sender". Good.
They were more polite than I would be.

Similarly, I don't think you should send a message to the receiver.
This is also collateral spam. At work, I probably receive five or so
of these messages per day. ("Lotus Notes blocked access to mail from
....: possible virus"). Annoying as hell.

If it turns out to be a false positive (i.e. a legitimate sender with a
valid e-mail address trying to send a legitimate executable as an
e-mail attachment (oxymoron, I know)), then the "deny" statement will
take care of any notification you need to issue.

-tor