Re: [Exim] Exim 4.34 and 2003 Active Directory LDAP queries

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.34 and 2003 Active Directory LDAP queries
Tim Sexton <tsexton@???> wrote:
> Hello all,
>     I have Exim 4.34 running in front of an Exchange 2003 server, and
> have a question regarding proper implementation of LDAP queries via
>     Exim. I would like to be able to use Exim to LDAP query active
> directory
> and from the results determine what the actual e-mail address is of a
> user object, and then either directly deliver the e-mail to the
> address, as in the case of VPO addresses ie: mail arrives to our Exim
> server that is to user1@??? but is actually destined for
> user1@???, or to deliver the mail directly to our exchange
> server, as in the case of mail that is destined for our one local mail
> domain; sc.younglife.org ie: user1@???
>     I'm not having any trouble getting the LDAP query on it own to
> function and return the desired results, but I'm still pretty
> uncertain of how exactly to get Exim to correctly interpret the query
> results and act on them accordingly.  Has anyone been able to
> implement something similar?  Could this functionality be done by a
> single router?

If the LDAP query returns a routable address, then you can simply use it in
a redirect router and you're away.

ldap_router:
    driver = redirect
    data = <your LDAP query which returns the re-written address>

(Above is simplistic and untested....)

Peter