Re: [Exim] Best way to deal with null-senders and fake acc…

Author: Jeff Green
To: Andreas Metzler, Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Best way to deal with null-senders and fake accounts?
At 01:26 AM 7/13/04, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>On 2004-07-13 Lars Schimmer <schimmer@???> wrote:
> > ~From day to day I've found some 5-10 Mails that has a sender "<>" and
> > are send to a non-existent User at my site.
> > So exim4 on my debian sarge freezes this message and waits for me to
> > interact.
> > So, whats the best way to deal eith this (fake bounces/wrong
> > bounces/fake emails) ?
> > Drop them in ACL, reject them?
>[...]
>
>Do not accept mail for mail for non-existent users.
>                cu andreas

Under Debian with Cyrus 1.5.19 I've had problems doing just that. I thought
I'd saved a Cyrus mailbox folder verification script seen here on the list,
but haven't been able to find it in the archives. Any help you or anyone
else on the list could provide would be very appreciated.

Best regards,

Jeffrey B. Green        Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http//jbgreen.com       Networking Las Vegas Since 1986