Re: [Exim] Checking against "seen" Message-ID:'s to drop bou…

Author: Christian Balzer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Checking against "seen" Message-ID:'s to drop bounces
David Brodbeck wrote:

>> From: Christian Balzer
>
>> Whereas with greylisting the chances of
>> it never making it through are quite high, so that qualifies
>> more in the "hurting" department in my book.
>
>At least until they figure out they just have to run the same list twice,
>with an hour delay in between...

Oh, this is an arms race, to think any different would be foolish.
But unless they send that list twice from well trusted mail servers,
chances are that their compromised trojans/zombies/proxies have made
it into a global or local blacklist. Which is the the other, quite
effective half of greylisting.

Regards,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi@???       Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services