[Exim] Localising messages in exim

Author: Nathan Ollerenshaw
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Localising messages in exim
Hi all,

Whats the most acceptable way of localising messages in weird character
sets for things like 'cannot_route_message' etc?

I'm in japan and want to localise the messages for the locals (sorry,
had to go for the cheap laugh), just not sure the best way of doing it.

The problem is with just dumping some encoded text into the config file
is that not everyone sends mail in the same encoding, and there is no
guarantee that the person who gets the bounce (or error message from
the server) has their application set up to handle the encoding I use.
I could use romaji (japanese using ASCII) but its kinda weird to write
japanese this way in japan.

How do other MTAs here handle it, does anyone know?

I wish we could ban all character sets other UTF8 ;)

Nathan.

--
Nathan Ollerenshaw - Unix Systems Engineer
ValueCommerce - http://www.valuecommerce.ne.jp/