Re: [Exim] Final Peer Review Sought: "Spam Filtering for MXs…

Author: Christian Balzer
To: Tor Slettnes
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Final Peer Review Sought: "Spam Filtering for MXs" HOWTO
Hello,

Tor wrote:

>On Jul 8, 2004, at 20:47, Christian Balzer wrote:
>
>> As a side note, the above transport will only be called in my setup
>> for addresses aka users that selected this option, not forcing the
>> max_rcpt and computational slowdown onto everybody. :)
>
>That is actually how I do it too. I probably should mention that in
>the doc.

Indeed, because the above has a big GOTCHA. It creates rather broken
addresses when _you_ send a null sender mail, like with vacation or
autoreply transport... Like <=who=where=hash@>
Basically it should never do this for a null sender no matter what,
but I'm too busy digesting my lunch to tinker with it now.

Regards,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi@???       Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services