Re: [Exim] Disabling "me too" the hard way

Autor: David S. Madole
A: Simon Fraser, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Disabling "me too" the hard way
> From: "Simon Fraser" <simonfr@???>
>
> As far as the documentation and posts here indicate, there's no
> configuration option for turning off 'me too' posts resulting from
> alias expansions.
>
> I've attempted to fake this ability using the data line I've included
> below, but it seems a nasty way of doing it. It would be a lot
> simpler if I could guarantee that the expanded addresses were all
> qualified. As it is, it removes the entire sender_address if the
> sender's domain is not the one that unqualified usernames get given,
> and removes the local_part with an optional domain if it is.

What if you put something like this before your other routers:

absorb_me_too:
condition = ${if eq{$sender_address}{$local_part@$domain}{if
eq{$original_local_part@$original_domain}{$local_part@$domain}{false}{true}}
}{false}}
data = :blackhole:

This is totally untested, you might need to tweak the brackets, and it might
not do what you want at all. Just an idea.

Basically, if the sender and recipient are the same address and the address
is not the result of an expansion, discard the message.

Also, have you looked at qualify_preserve_domain?

Dave