Re: [Exim] Newbie Question

Author: Dan Egli
To: Mollatt Ntini
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Newbie Question
Mollatt Ntini wrote:

> --
>

> My network had been attacked by a mass mailing worm, which I have since cleaned. Being as cautious as I can be, I havent plugged back my network cable to my LAN as yet. Now my box keeps generating emails by itself, is there something I can do on Exim to stop this, or has my linux box been attacked as well.

Unless it's a new worm that is capable of hitting Unix, Mass Mailing
worms won't work. Best thing to do probably is shut down Exim, wipe out
the queue (rm -f /var/spool/exim/input/*) then start it back up.

Note that if you don't put your exim mail q in the default locaion then
you need to substitute your correct path above. Or just use this bash
scriptlet:

for ID in `mailq | awk '{print $3}'`; do exim -Mrm $ID; done
or
mailq | awk '{print $3}' | xargs exim -Mrm

--
-- Dan