Re: [Exim] stripping comments from exim.conf?

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Doug Sampson
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] stripping comments from exim.conf?
Doug Sampson wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to strip comments from an exim.conf file in order to
> reduce its size prior to posting to a list for review. Is there a command
> that does this? Am running Exim 3.35.

Best would be to post an link to your configfile. But
perl -pe 's/^\s*#.*//;' configure >configure.nocomments
should do the trick.

But when you talk about "reviewing" your configfile, is this a new
setup? You shouldn't use exim3 these days anymore, exim4 is out for
>2years now (IIRC). Exim3 is not supported anymore and most people on

this list forgot about many things in exim3, because exim4 is so much
more powerful but so different to exim3. :)

Nico