Re: [Exim] TCP port "smtp" not defined error

Autor: John Dalbec
A: luke, Exim-Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] TCP port "smtp" not defined error

Kyohere Luke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting this error, and I am not so sure what could be causing it
>
> T=remote_smtp defer (-1): TCP port "smtp" is not defined for remote_smtp
> transport
>
> I cannot send mail to any remote host. The smtp port is listed in
> /etc/services and the remote transport looks fine:

What OS? Please post the relevant line(s) from /etc/services and post your
remote transport definition. Do you have NSCD running? What does the
"services" line say in /etc/nsswitch.conf? Port names are case-sensitive so if
/etc/services has "SMTP" it won't match "smtp".

> Using exim-4.34-0

0? That looks wrong. When I build Exim I always get a build number >= 1. Did
you install exim from a binary package or build it from source?

HTH,
John