Re: [Exim] newbie email problems

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: K. Shantanu
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] newbie email problems
On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 11:08, K. Shantanu wrote:
> * Philip Hazel <ph10@???> [040706 03:55]:
> > It depends entirely on what you want to achieve! "file" specifies the
> > name of a file that contains redirection data. Alternatively, you can
> > specify "data", which *is* the redirection data.
> >
> > Redirection data can just be a list of redirections, like a standard
> > .forward file, or it can be an Exim or a Sieve filter "script" (you have
> > to set allow_filter to enable that).
>
> What do I do if I want to allow plussed address or extension addresses. In that
> case what what do I use and how?

Oddly you do not (normally) need an extra router for extended
local_parts.

What you do is split your routers up into 3 sets:-
      * Remote routers (ie ones for external addresses).  These do not
        care about your local address quirks so you just ignore them.
      * Local routers that should treat extended addresses as completely
        different - for example your mail alias router would typically
        treat fred+extension completely different to fred or
        fred+diffextension.  These are easy - you change nothing.
      * Local routers which mostly ignore extended addresses, treating
        them the same as the unextended address - ie fred is the same as
        fred+something.  These routers would normally be your
        userforward and localuser routers.

To handle this last form you simply add:-
local_part_suffix = +*:-*
local_part_suffix_optional
to the appropriate routers. [NB this handles both + address form and -
address form - I typically enable both because otherwise you find some
sites refuse to allow you to use + address form - some ecommerce sites
do not allow you to enter fred+ecommerceid@...]

OK, so this completely ignores the address extension - and that may be
what you want (you can always see the full address in the envelope-to
header of the delivered message, so deal with it in your MUA). However
an exim filter file will have access to $local_part_suffix which is
useful for you to do filing etc.

    Nigel.