Re: [Exim] Exim4 SSL Auth conf for sasldb2?

Author: Lars Schimmer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim4 SSL Auth conf for sasldb2?
Andreas Metzler schrieb:
| On 2004-07-06 Lars Schimmer <schimmer@???> wrote:

|>I use exim4 4.34 with the Debian package and Cyrus with the SASL2 Auth
|>Package.
|>For Cyrus I can login over Plain or SSL with or without TLS.
|>But exim4 only accept NON SSL TLS Connects.
|>Has anyone examples of how to vonf exim4 to accept SSL connects and use
|>sasl2 ?
|>I've got in mind I have top set exim4 to listen at two ports, right?
|
| [...]

| Correct, and basically that is all you have to do. Start a second
| daemon with "-oX 465 -tls-on-connect", or listen to exim(8)'s
| suggestions:
| | With only a few clients that need the legacy support, a convenient
| | approach is to use a daemon for normal SMTP (with or without
| | STARTTLS) and inetd with -tls-on-connect for the legacy clients.

| i.e.
| ssmtp stream tcp nowait Debian-exim /usr/sbin/exim4 exim4

- -tls-on-connect -bs
|                  cu andreas

Yeah, nice. But I don't want to let 2 daemons run, so i set
daemon_smtp_ports = 25 : 465

But If I try a SSL connect on that port, it doesn't connect.
Seems I need more ;-)

Cya
Lars
- --
Technische Universität Braunschweig, Institut für Computergraphik
Tel.: +49 531 391-2109            E-Mail: schimmer@???
PGP-Key-ID: 0xB87A0E03