[Exim] Help with acl_check_rcpt

Author: Graham Dodd
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Help with acl_check_rcpt
Hello exim-users,

I'm still battling unknown recipients and would appreciate help from the
experts.

I have the following:

  accept  domains       = +local_domains
          endpass
          verify        = recipient

which I understand to mean: If it's a local domain and the user is not
verified then deny, if it's not a local domain then go to next ACL.
The problem with this is exim will then attempt to return the email to
sender (but what if the sender isn't valid)

What I want to do is drop if it's a local domain and the sender is not
verified, so:

  drop  domains = !+local_domains
        verify  = recipient
        message = unknown user

But if it's a relay_to_domain then it gets dropped .....oops

So I was thinking of:

  drop  domains = !+local_domains: !+relay_to_domains
        verify  = recipient
        message = unknown user

Does this make sense or do I need to keep reading the book

thanks,

Graham

--
Graham K. Dodd