Re: [Exim] newbie email problems

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] newbie email problems
Hi K., on Tue, 6 Jul 2004 01:49:03 -0500 you wrote:

> I am very very new to exim but using qmail for years. I have problem
> with exim that I am unable to deliver my mails even to localhost.

Exim's debugging is truly excellent. The "standard" debugging you should
is something along the following lines:

exim -d -bt address@???

which shows how address@??? is routed (d=debug, bt= address test).

exim -bh 1.2.3.4

simulates an SMTP session from 1.2.3.4.

In your case, from a quick glance at your config the problem is almost
certainly this (from your config):

vforward:
driver = redirect
file =
local_part_suffix = +*
local_part_suffix_optional

This is not part of a standard config, so you (or whoever set this up)
must have added it. What exactly are you trying to do there? Whatever,
having an empty "file" directive is probably the issue.

Tim