RE: [Exim] Exim Problem?

Autor: Eli
A: 'Jason Cave', exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] Exim Problem?
Jason Cave wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> The box does have a fully qualified domain, as other
> programs do see it. I tried setting primary_hostname
> and it still comes back without the end part of the
> hostname.

Is this box a Windows system or *nix? In windows, PHP acts differently and
uses a different set of php.ini settings to do email stuff. Of importance
is a setting which sets the sender. If you haven't specified a fully
qualified email address for the sender, this is why. Use php@??? or
something as a default (not @localhost as remote systems typically reject
that), and then tell your clients they must use ini_set() to override the
default.

If it's not a Windows box, try the same thing anyways just to see. I don't
know which variable the one you want to set is off the top of my head, but
look in the php.ini file for "sendmail" and you should find it.

Eli.