Re: [Exim] Exim Problem?

Autor: Tim Jackson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim Problem?
Hi Jason, on Sat, 3 Jul 2004 06:26:38 -0500 you wrote:

> I am hoping someone knows the answer for this problem.
> This may or may not be an exim problem. When ever
> php or a program uses the sendmail script, mail is sent
> with part of the hostname missing so most servers dont
> deliver the email.

1. Make sure your machine has a fully-qualified hostname. (i.e.
"foo.example.com" not "foo"). Make sure that this is set in the machine's
configuration (not just in the DNS) so that the machine knows what it's
full, canonical name is. This is generally useful, not just for Exim.

2. If, you have the above set correctly and for some reason, Exim can't
detect this (as an aside, does anyone know any specific reasons why this
might occur, as this problem comes up quite often?), then look at the
primary_hostname option, as that might help.

Tim