Re: [Exim] Outlook Express and TLS/SSL?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dan Egli
Aan: Scott Call
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Outlook Express and TLS/SSL?
Scott Call wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Sorry if this is a redundant question, but 30 minutes of googling has left
> me stumped on this.
>
> I turned on TLS (with dhparms and a self-signed RSA cert) today, and was
> pleasantly suprised to see at least 10% of the remote SMTP traffic start
> doing TLS right away. (in and out)
>
> Clients, however, seem a little more hesitant. Evolution prompts once
> because of self-signed cert, and then works fine. Outlook 2003 does the
> same. Outlook Express, however, returns an SSL error 502 (which SMTP 502
> is command not implemented) and refuses to send the mail.
>
> The exact version of OE is 6.00.2800.1123. It's on a co-workers system 60
> miles away so I don't have direct access to test it (d'oh!) but any help
> would be apreciated.
>
> Thanks
> -scott

could be that the machine is sending some silly info. The best thing to
try would be turning on Exim in debug mode (service exim stop; exim -d
-bd) and then having the client try to connect. Watch what Exim receives
and sends. That might help. If you have no access to an OutLook express
machine let me know. I'm happy to boot up that P.O.S. program long
enough to help debug an issue like this.

--
-- Dan