Re: [Exim] SMTP

Author: Dennis Davis
To: Ron McKeating
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP
>From: Ron McKeating <R.J.Mckeating@???>
>To: Dennis Davis <D.H.Davis@???>
>Cc: "Exim-Users (E-mail)" <exim-users@???>
>Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:37:09 +0100
>
>Thanks for this very useful, may contact you about how you did the
>different acles for different ports.

Well, as I'm already here...

Use $interface_port in your mail configuration section to
differentiate between the SMTP and MSA ports. So part of my main
configuration reads:

# This option specify the Access Control List (ACL) that is used
# for incoming SMTP messages, after the RCPT command.  Note we use
# different ACLs for connections on the smtp and msa ports.
acl_smtp_rcpt = ${if eq {$interface_port}{SMTP_PORT} \
                  {check_recipient_port_smtp}{check_recipient_port_msa}}

To enforce encryption, authentication etc check_recipient_port_msa
starts with:

check_recipient_port_msa:

  # Connections must use TLS...
  deny    message = unencrypted connections are not allowed.
          ! encrypted = *

  # ...of the right kind...
  deny    message = poor encryption cipher
          ! encrypted = TLS_CIPHERS_TO_USE

  # ...and they must be authenticated.
  deny    message = unauthenticated connections are not allowed
          ! authenticated = *