Re: [Exim] Debian Sarge Exim Crashing

Author: Jerry Nicholls
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Debian Sarge Exim Crashing
On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 11:29, Ryan Tracey wrote:
[snip]
> However, every week or so Exim will inexplicably die. I understand
> that there was a problem in earlier versions of Exim4 where roughly one
> in a million emails could potentially cause it to crash (unless I dreamt
> that -- and with my current jetlag I wouldn't be surprised if I did.)
> As I understand it a bugfix for this should have worked its way into
> Debian Sarge by now. If this is a case, then perhaps I have done
> something wrong in configuring Exim.

[snip]

Hi,

I'm seeing this too. It's not as frequent as yours, it can be weeks
between each failure. We're using Debian woody with Andreas Metzler's
backport. I have yet to find anything in any log file to indicate the
fault.

I have to admit that I've come to the conclusion that it's something
Debian related as I used to run 30+ Redhat servers with Exim4 and not
one of them spontaneously stopped, yet of my current 7 servers, all at
some time have failed.

Let's hope that someone out there has the solution to our woes.

Jerry.
--
Jerry Nicholls                       E: Jerry.Nicholls@???
Core Internet Systems Designer       W:            http://www.zen.co.uk/