Re: [Exim] multiple authenticators (server_condition)

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] multiple authenticators (server_condition)
On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 01:46:33AM +0200, Franz Georg Köhler wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> what would be the easiest way of authenticating against different auth
> sources?
>

> I have a working mysql server_condition and now I want to add a
> plain-text source.

Do you want to check first in one authentication source and then, if
that fails, in another? Or do you want to choose your authentication
source depending on some other criteria?

If you mean the first option, then you could do a string expansion that
first did a mysql lookup to see if the username was stored in the mysql
database and authenticated against that if so. If not, it should
authenticate against the plain text source. Or vice versa.

I would give an example but I'm very tired and off to bed.

--
Bruce

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.