Re: [Exim] Command line mails

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Command line mails
> the line in question I beleive is this one
> open (MAIL, "| mail -s '[$level] $hostname: $subject' '$Email'");
>
> I get this
> exim abandoned: unknown, malformed, or incomplete option -s

Looks suspiciously as though someone has replaced your mail with a link
to exim or its too primitive to handle the -s switch.

You can either use exim directly, in which case you want to call it as:-
    exim <recipients>
or
    exim -f <senderaddr> <recipients>

and put any extra headers such as Subject: into the start of your
message, separated from the body by a blank line, or you can use a more
capable MUA (or maybe its an MSA here), most likely you will find that
if you replace "mail" with "Mail" it will work right.

    Nigel.