Re: [Exim] Error in Condition

Author: Jerry
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Error in Condition
Fred,

Thanks much for your help. With your example, I got it working just
fine. I had taken out some of the braces before sending this - it was
about my 1,923rd try at the syntax <G>.

As for the comment about PERL - my mistake there, too, I guess. I don't
know PERL, but have seen some unusual (to me) constructs in it. Since
there seems to be a large amount of Linux-related software which takes
clues from PERL, I thought this might be the case, also. Mea culpa!

Now - another question here. I'm using Mozilla and IE to send mail
through this server. I thought $interface_address would have 127.0.0.1
in it (actually, I don't know why I thought that). But it has my real
IP address instead. No problem there. I also checked $interface_port,
and it has 25 (SMTP port).

My question here is - which would be the better way to determine if the
email was sent from this server instead of being relayed? Is one or the
other (or both) better? Or is neither one actually reliable?

Thanks again.

Jerry