Re: [Exim] helo acl

Author: Andy Rabagliati
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] helo acl
On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, David wrote:

> Hi !!
>
> I have made a recopilation of useful HELO/EHOL checks and
> made it available at http://www.ols.es/exim as helo.acl
> for anybody interested on it , additions and corrections
> are welcome

Interesting, and useful.

However,

  deny    condition     = ${if match_domain{$sender_helo_name}{+local_domains}{yes}{no}}
          message       = Forged HELO: you are not $sender_helo_name
          log_message   = Forged HELO: $sender_helo_name is one of our \
              local domains

Lumping in +local_domains into denials could cause problems - if your
outbound mailserver is a different machine, and people within the
company are Cc'ed, would that not trigger this ACL ?

Cheers,     Andy!