[Exim] Recipient callout cache

Author: Roger Blayney
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Recipient callout cache
Since upgrading from 4.24 to 4.34, I have noticed that the recipient
callout cache database is being keyed by "recipient/<sender>", even
though I have NOT set the "use_sender" option.

The actual callouts are being done using "MAIL FROM: <>", as I
would expect; but when the cache records are written, they include
the real sender. This leads to a large number of "recipient/<sender>"
cache records for each recipient, whereas a single record keyed by
"recipient" would seem to be sufficient, given that the "use_sender"
option is not set.

Any thoughts?

Roger Blayney                                    R.Blayney@???
Information and Communication Technology
University of Greenwich
London SE10 9LS, UK                                    +44 (0)20 8331 8372