Re: [Exim] mailman and verp

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] mailman and verp
On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 15:29, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > will put
>
> Adding information to exim+mailman howto about such potential problems would
> be good.

Why does this sort of thing come up the day *after* I ship a copy to
Cambridge to print up for the upcoming exim course :-)

Could you try the following replacement transport (the only difference
is selective replacement of local_part & domain with original_local_part
& original_domain.

It certainly should fix the problem but I broke my Mailman test rig into
pieces over the weekend so cannot do a decent test on it right now.
Would appreciate it if you could let me know if this works right.

[This *will* wrap... you need to fix that]
# Mailman VERP envelope sender address formatting.  This seems not to use
# quoted-printable encoding of the address, but instead just replaces the
# '@' in the recipient address with '='.
#
mailman_verp_smtp:
    driver = smtp
    # put recipient address into return_path
    return_path = \
      ${local_part:$return_path}+$original_local_part=$original_domain@${domain:$return_path}
    # must restrict to one recipient at a time
    max_rcpt = 1
    headers_remove = Errors-To
    headers_add = Errors-To: \
      ${local_part:$return_path}+$original_local_part=$original_domain@${domain:$return_path}