Re: [Exim] Faking authenticated senders while testing ACLs

Author: Stephen Gran
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Faking authenticated senders while testing ACLs
On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 10:24:30AM +0530, Sandip Bhattacharya said:
> Hi!
>
> I want to run a relay test for my acls. I am selectively blocking
> certain authenticated senders from sending mail to some fixed
> destinations.
>
> How would I be using "exim -bhc" by faking a $authenticated_id?

After EHLO <hostname> use AUTH <AUTH Method>.
Use this perl snippet from the exim docs to get a Base-64 encoded string
to send:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use MIME::Base64;
printf ("%s", encode_base64(eval "\"$ARGV[0]\""));

HTH,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Moebius always does it on the same      |
|  steve@???             | side.                                   |